It really is a well documented reality that within the business of trading the financial markets, as considerably as 90 % of the participants lose and continue to lose cash. So if 90 % are losing, that as a result means that 10% are gaining each and just about every time.
So that you can boost my own trading record, I deliberately set out to try and discover what it was I had to do to grow to be one of the 10% (The Winners) who are consistently creating money from the unfortunate remaining 90% (The Losers) who dont.
My investigation and investigations was to speak to as a lot of successful traders as I could, to read as a lot of articles, publications and books which have been written by prosperous traders. It wasnt until I started my research, that I rapidly realised just just how much has been and no doubt will continue to be written about trading and also the psychology of trading. What exactly is even more astounding is the amount that has been written by so referred to as gurus who in fact havent produced any considerable amounts of income from a company that they are supposed to be specialists in. I will tell you about some of my findings relating to these authors in future articles.
It really is my intention to publish my findings in a series of articles over the next 3 months and I hope you can find out and increase your own trading from implementing the data which I release.
I personally trade the FOREX market now but I’ve tried trading stocks, futures, commodities and possibilities. I will likely be covering the factors for concentrating on FOREX in a later post but in the meantime let me tell you about one of my numerous discoveries.
Every single 1 of the effective traders I interviewed, stressed the importance of keeping a journal of their trades. They would record the date, time, what they traded, buy or sell, price, indicators utilised which includes levels and/or figures, trends (long, medium and short) and an overall description of why they took the trade. It was also imperative that the journal entry included notes about the trade immediately after the event. If it created dollars what was the criteria, and if it was a losing trade, why had it turned out to be like this and any contributing factors.
Now comes the interesting component. Every person of them stated that they regularly reviewed their journal (some weekly and some monthly) but every person very categorically looked back over past trades. No doubt learning from their errors and to boost and repeat on their prosperous trades.
Trading is really disciplined with definite rules for entering and exiting trades. These rules need to be adhered to at all times and 1 of the rules is entering all details about the trade within the journal, creating no exceptions.
I hope you may all discover something from this and if you arent already maintaining a record of your trades, then please commence doing so from now on. Also regularly go back over your records on a typical basis. You’ll see a marked improvement within your performance.